The SEO Status Report
Do you like data? Want help guiding your SEO strategy this year?
If so, we have the SEO report you need to read for the coming year.
Introducing our first State of Search Engine Journal SEO report.
You’ll get insights from 2,830 SEO professionals around the world who do what you do.
If you want to know what’s really going on in the SEO world, how it’s changed in the last year, and where you stand, head to the source. That’s what we did.
We received feedback from our audience of SEO professionals who collectively have thousands of hours of experience delivering SEO results.
No more guessing if you’re on your own in your strategy or if you’re charging your clients enough – now you have unique data from a trusted source.
This report has been designed especially for you, to help you grow your business and stay ahead of your competition.
By observing trends and developments, you can gain advantages and spot new opportunities.
This annual report (we plan to update it every year) contains unique data, charts and insights from thousands of SEO professionals condensed into 49 pages for your reading and strategizing pleasure.
- State of the SEO Industry: A look at current salaries, job titles and experience levels.
- The value of SEO: How budgets are allocated and its value is measured.
- Threats and Challenges: Get an overview of the past 12 months of the pandemic, traffic levels, resource gaps, and more. Plus, we take a look at the biggest SEO threats over the next two years.
- Opportunities and trends: What will be the main drivers of SEO, as well as emerging factors you should pay attention to.
- SEO customers: overview for agencies looking to refine the customer experience, including average budgets, customer expectations, and services most requested by customers.
We want you to use all of this information to improve the way you do business. After all, your decisions are only as good as the data you use to inform them.
The State of SEO report – created in partnership with Straight North – will provide you with information to make more informed choices for your next year of strategic planning.
Download this report for insights from Shelley Walsh, Search Engine Journal’s Special Projects Editor. The report also features insights and commentary from other top SEO and marketing professionals including Barry Adams, Eric Enge, Kevin Indig, Kristina Azarenko, Jason Barnard, Jamie Indigo, Izzi Smith and many more.
Download your free copy now.
A big thank-you 👏 to the members of the Search Engine Journal community who participated to make this report possible!
*Breakdown of survey respondents by industry: 1,223 from B2B, 951 from B2C, 779 from agencies, 779 from house brands and 298 from independents/freelancers.